Antwort: Re: new package - don't know how to compile

> >    what can I do?
>
> I think this means that you need (a more recent version of) GNU automake.
> What version do you have, if any?

I have 1.4-p4-1.1 (from woody).

> BTW, if you haven't been able to compile it, why do you say it is the best
> package for HA under GNU?  Debian already has some HA packages.  Maybe you
> could have a look at them.

I read very much docs about the several HA-packages for Linux in the market, some of them being commercial and proprietary, some of them (like heartbeat and failsafe) being Open.
I'm working very much wich IBM's proprietary HA-solution HACMP and therefore I'm very familiar with HA-solutions.

The features of failsafe are nowhere found in an other HA-package for Linux, and according to the docs it seems quite mature.

Nevertheless I'm looking for a good HA-solution for Linux. So if you know of another quite good package, please let me know.

Thank you

Matthias