Re: The Debian Mentors Project

Christoph Haas <email@christoph-haas.de> writes:

>                                                   However the service
> was created especially for people who e.g. have written an application
> themselves and do not care about becoming a DD.

     I object to the conept of "people who do not care about becoming
a DD"  becoming maintainers of packages.  Permitting prospective
developers to get sponsored packages in Debian is generally accepted
(but not by me), but allowing any random hacker to get a package in
without even starting the new-maintainer process is totally
unacceptable.

Regards,

Bob
--