Re: The Debian Mentors Project

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Daniel K. Gebhart wrote:

> Matthew Palmer <mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au> wrote Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:36:12AM +1000:
> > *very* serious problem for anyone who starts relying on the binary packages
> > uploaded to m.d.n.  What sort of protections do you have in place or plan to
> > put in place to protect against this sort of thing?
>
> The mentors project is not something like apt-get.org! Hosting stable
> and safe packages is not our goal. We are responsible for the contact
> between maintainers and sponsors. Not between maintainers and users.

>From the front page of mentors.debian.net:

"Welcome to the debian-mentors public software repository. In short terms
this is a free (no costs, no obligations) server which allows maintainers of
Debian GNU/Linux packages to offer them here. Other Debian users are invited
to download these packages using the handy apt-get utility."

I'll highlight a part for you:

"Other Debian users are invited to download these packages".

Care to try again?

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16