Re: source code of a java app?

Get MIT to release the software under a freely distributable sourcecode license.
 It does not have to be GPL, but any OSI type license should be sufficient.
Source code, in my understanding, is required for everything in Debian (of
course some applications *are* their own source code).

While my idea about source code may be wrong, the next part isn't:

When the License is not clear, more importantly, when you did not follow the
license to get the software, it *cannot* be packaged.  If they grant permission,
get them to send a license file, or something similar which will make the first
part a bit easier to solve.

-Roger