Re: Still no sponsor for PySol

At the risk of CC'ing too many people:

Quoting David Lloyd <dlloyd@microbits.com.au>:

> Roger et al,
>
> > Again, I would reccomend using dpkg-buildpackage, even if you only
> > intend to generate the source upload.  If you name the source tarball
> > (upstream source) <pkg>_<version>.orig.tar.gz and are in the source
> > tree (with /debian/ setup) it should generate the .diff.gz based on
> > the last changelog version number (in this case 4.81-1).
>
> Is there any particular reason why one wouldn't use dpkg-buildpackage?

Seeing as how your question was in response only to my comment on
dpkg-buildpackage, I will simply re-affirm that I use dpkg-buildpackage almost
exclusively (see last paragraph).  I use it ALL of the time, with the exception
of make-kpkg.

dpkg-buildpackage is, I think, simply a combination of a few other scripts.
Your particular style would determine how you learn and/or use any of them.

Let me know if you meant something different.  Since I happened to lookup the
manpage to dpkg-source out of curiosity, I included it, but writing this email
was the first time I explicitly used it.

Thanks,
Roger