Re: Initial Contact

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Fielder George Dowding wrote:

> I will sign up for the d-mentors list. I will lurk until I
> understand what my next step is.

The next step, simply speaking, is to make the modifications to defoma you
think are appropriate, make a new package (including all the trimmings, like
a changelog entry, modifying control to make you the maintainer, and source
and binary packages) and send the URL where they can be downloaded to
d-mentors, asking for review and sponsorship if someone feels it is
appropriate.

People will tell you what's wrong; take that as a sign that people are
interested, not that they hate you.  <grin>  Make the changes, then someone
will probably take you up for sponsorship.  After a little while of working
with a DD on defoma, you should be able to ask them to advocate on your
behalf.  Then you can start the long and glorious journey through NM.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16