Re: NM's to fix bugs? (Was: Asking for an advocate (gURLChecker))

* Jarno Elonen <elonen@iki.fi> [030412 11:41]:
>  + The bug tracking system is a less clear and more difficult to use
>    than in many other open projects.
>
>    I, for instance, find it a lot easier to work with KDE's or even
>    OOo's bug trackers than Debian's. Being email based (an thus not
>    quite realtime) plays a big role in this inconvenience of use, IMO.
>    I've been playing around with an idea of making a nice local
>    frontend for BTS by adding a procmail filter that would intercept
>    incoming mail. But: I'm not sure which one would be wiser, making
>    such layers on top of current system or taking bugzilla or something
>    and customizing it for Debian.

Well, this is a problem of personal preferences. I've never been able to
use Issuezilla. (And those nasty "login" concept will most likely make
sure I will never learn it)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.