Re: Looking for Mentor for Packet 'dvdauthor'

Rene Tschirley <pooh@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:
>>> Now I hope to get an experienced advocate. :-)
>> Can you make the .dsc and .diff.gz files available publicly somewhere?
>
> Sure. Both files are availabe at
> http://lava.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh/debian/dvdauthor.

This package still needs work:

* The copyright file is incomplete.
* You cannot recommend or depend upon non-free packages (mpg123)
* You cannot recommend or depend upon packages not in the archive
  (mjpegtools)
* There's no need to recommend an essential package (coreutils, bash),
  and they aren't relevant to the package anyway.
* Your package contains debhelper template files (dvdauthor.doc-base.EX)
* The package's diff appears to contain all of the upstream source.
  WTF???

If you can resolve all of these issues, let me know and I'll consider
sponsoring the package.  Be sure to run lintian/linda on the package
too, as this will catch several of the above errors.

--
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.