Re: postinst won't exit when..?

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:23:05AM +0800, Niall Young wrote:
>
> > I've got a postinst that seems to be executing all code fine with
> > `set -ev` but won't actually exit back to the shell.
> >
> > I'm running a perl script halfway through and it exits cleanly, but
> > if I comment it out the postinst finally exits.  Uncomment it and
> > the postinst hangs..  Any ideas?  Does anything trap a postinst exit?
>
> It helps if you include a copy of the problematic script.  My guess is that
> you are using debconf, and have not read this:
> zgrep hang /usr/share/doc/debconf-doc/tutorial.txt.gz

Sounds like it, but I've already tried redirecting stdour and stderr to
/dev/null, will try stdin and 3 too.  Cheers!

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall@chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "Any ass-copying (or other 'dangerous' stunts) will be considered
    as a destructive act and will be dealt with by HR."
                                        -- Matt Wood, Feb 2003