Re: Should I sign up for New Maintainer even though I don't have an advodcate?

"B. Douglas Hilton" <bdhilton@charter.net> writes:
> I agree. Thus the real answer to my query. This makes it very hard
> to apply because you need an advocate before you even apply, so nobody
> even knows you are alive. It would be nice if there was a pre-applicant

Well, basically you need to somehow build up respect at least in one
developer's opinion. There are several ways of doing this, bug reports
are the easiest but they probably take the longest. Taking over
maintaing an orphaned package is another way.

> Thats another issue. I don't want to be a Debian Maintainer, I want to
> be a Debian Developer. A subtle difference, yet nonetheless important.

How would you be contributing to the Debian project if you were a
Debian Developer?

--
*        A man's only as old as the woman he feels. (Groucho Marx)        *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *