joining Debian / packaging buildd

Hi!

I am interested in becoming a Debian developer and have already
produced a number of Debian packages, but they fall in the "pet
packages" category referred to in another thread on this list. The
most recent ones are mpf70-source and mpf70-utils, respectively the
source for a kernel module (builds with make-kpkg) and some userspace
utilities for the MPman MP-F70 portable MP3 player:

deb http://dev.jerryweb.org/debian ./
deb-src http://dev.jerryweb.org/debian ./

As far as I can tell, these packages are pretty much ready, but I am
putting them on hold until someone else expresses interest in them, so
as not to clutter the Debian archive pointlessly.

In the meantime, I think I've found something to sink my teeth in,
namely packaging buildd. I realise it's a big bugger, but as packaging
it seems to have been on the TODO list for a while I suppose any work
I put into it is that much done.. I am looking for a contact from the
buildd team to ask whether I can rename some files, or whether this is
not a purely Debian package and needs to be handled like a package
with an upstream and a Debian diff.

Jeremy

--
http://www.jerryweb.org/         : JerryWeb.org