Re: Advocate?? (forgot the address)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:09:22 -0500,
Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz> wrote:
> Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> > Import the Debian keyring, download the .changes of your package,
> > and verify the signature.
> You mean whole keyring of Debian? How many megs it is? Where
> should I download it, what's my login etc.?
$ apt-cache show debian-keyring
Package: debian-keyring
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 4356
Maintainer: James Troup <keyring-maint@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 2002.11.26
Recommends: gnupg (>= 1.0.3)
Filename: pool/main/d/debian-keyring/debian-keyring_2002.11.26_all.deb
Size: 3650574
MD5sum: f8914656ee345baa51477335713ba0c9
 The Debian project wants developers to digitally sign the
 announcements of their packages with GnuPG, to protect against
 forgeries.  This package contains keyrings of GnuPG and (deprecated)
 PGP keys of developers.

Note that this package is not the canonical copy of the keyring.

> BTW, I have UPLOADED
> my signed public key to keys.debian.org -- isn't it enough?
I don't know about keys.debian.org .  If keyring.debian.org accepts
your key, you are already a Debian developer.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

Do not assume users will be motivated to read manuals
--- The GNU Privacy Handbook