Sponsor for adopted library (xalan)

Peoples,

The Xalan library from the Apache people was recently put up for adoption, and as it's something I use fairly heavily I figured the time had come to look at becoming a debian developer. So I am adopting the package.

The package has been left idle for quite some time, and the upstream source has moved two versions. I have also made some changes to the .deb build process (in particular splitting out a documentation package).

Three questions :

1. (And I bet you get this a lot) I would be eternally grateful if someone would sponsor the package whilst I look at officially becoming a developer (assuming that it's possible for me to do so).

2. (Related to 1) I'd be grateful if someone could cast their eye over what I have done and make sure I haven't done anything stupid. I have changed the rules file quite considerably, so even though it gets through lintian I'll bet something is wrong somewhere.

3. There is a package called libapache-mod-xslt that is created from Xalan. The mod_xslt that is used is a sample in the source code. I.e. I do not believe it was not something the developers ever envisaged as being a fully supported module - rather it was an example as to how someone might go about setting up such a thing.

Is this a good thing? Should a package be something that is known to be fully supported to get into stable?

Packages and source available at

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~berin

With thanks.

Cheers,