Re: debian packages: single diff vs multiple patches (as in rpm)

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> As far as I can tell, a Debian package consists of a single source
> tarball and a single diff.  Is this right, or have I missed something?

It's right, a Debian source package is usually distributed as a single
source and a single diff (sometimes there is no diff when the package
is "debian native"), but nothing prevents you from having several
sources and several diffs internally, see the dbs, cdbs and dpatch
packages, for example (if you want real usage examples, look for
source packages which have those in the Build-Depends).