Re: debconf db_input in postinst / horde2

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:00:16AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:42:10AM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> >
> > I can't find it right now, but isn't it written somewhere that prompting
> > in postinst will be a no-no in future policy releases?
>
> It shouldn't be (I think you're thinking of non-debconf prompting).
>
> Sometimes you have to prompt in the postinst, namely when you need your
> package to be unpacked before being able to figure out what the question
> should be. I don't know whether that applies in this case, but it does
> happen.

In this particular case it's a concern about not storing a DB admin
password in debconf yet still being able to properly remove a package
created DB if the user has requested the package do so on purge.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings