Standards-Version

Hi folks!

I am planing to adopt my first package (emelfm, orphaned). So I checked what needs to be done to equip myself for this task.

There seems to be one current problems with that package:
The ToDo says the Standards-Version is too old 3.5.2. Should be 3.6.1.

So I wonder how I can do that? Is there some ChangeLog for the Debian Policy?
Does somebody know where I can find the right docs? Or better: Does somebody perhaps know what needs to be done for a simple gtk-program to be moved from 3.5.2 to 3.6.1?

Thanks for any help,
flo