Re: executing scripts after receiving a fax

Well that interface is fully taken care of through the new_fax function.
Please have a look at the docs for exact workings. It normally calls a
script called new_fax, check exact location in your source files (it is
a compile time option) or go to the dir where mgetty resides, and then
type "strings mgetty | grep new_fax" to find it. For me it is
/etc/mgetty+sendfax/new_fax (this is not Gert Doerings default - this is
Mandrake's choice).
Currently I have in my SquirrelFax application (see Sourceforge) the
following options for new_fax:
- print fax immediately (to configurable printer).
- e-mail fax as pbm, jpg, ps or pdf to user's e-mail address (using
mainly jpg myself, as that is the most e-mail compatible format).
- store fax as pbm, ps or pdf file.

It would be a breeze to add e.g. fax forwarding, behave different on fax
sender ID, etc.

And about the mail lists: I am not subscribed to the debian list, so I
expect my mail to there bounced. That would at least show good
management.

Wouter.

--
Wouter van Marle <wouter@squirrel-systems.com>