Re: Problem with dependency declaration

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 19:27, Frank Küster wrote:

> in a package that I maintain (sponsored by a DD), I use a call to
> stat. In sarge, /usr/bin/stat is in coreutils - of course I don't need a
> dependency on that.
*snip*
> If coreutils wouldn't be of priority required,

(Policy 3.5).
You are required to list dependencies on 'required' packages.

You are not required to list dependencies on 'Essential' packages (those
marked Essential: yes).

(coreutils *is* 'Essential' so you are correct in that you're not
required to list that dependency, but from what I could see you had the
wrong reason)

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?