dpkg-gencontrol breakage?

Hello all,

I'm seeing this in a package I'm an uploader for:

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${F:Version}

These are, to my knowledge, legitimate fields, no?  Is this known
breakage?  I looked at the bug reports for debhelper and dpkg, and I
don't see anything about this - am I just looking in the wrong place?

TIA,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |