Security updates

Hello,
one question:

What will be the _right_ method for sec updates.

refering to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg01509.html

and refering special to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg01537.html

1. choice

everytime where a new busybox | xserver_something | another package
due to security reasons is released
LTSP also needs and gets an secupdate

2. choice

or having something like

build_rootfs.sh readconf /etc/ltsp/rootfs.conf --update rootfs

So that no secupdate is required.

I prefer choice 1

Pro: a) apt-get update && apt-get upgrade will fix everything
b) no extra systemadministrator work is needed

Contra : a) for every sec hole in any xserver the ltsp package also
needs an sec update (bad for the secadvisory team ?)
b) i have more work to always have the package up to date (for me not
bad)

I'm asking this question because i can not get an 100% clear answer the
last 3 weeks, it delays the release of ltsp, and last but not least I
dont want to change the package 3 or 4 times after releasing it du to
any bugs wich are results to have the package not DFSG / FHS ... clean.

Thanks
Daniel

Please do not CC me i read the lists.
Contact me directly for private and personal questions.

--
Retrieve my key from:
www.keyserver.de