jta package status?

I was thinking about packaging jta as well.  I then noticed that it was
already on the prospective packages page already.  Then I noticed that
it looks like nothing has happened on it in a long time.  Is it still
being worked on?  Or should I go ahead and make a package for it?

I'm not a debian developer (yet?), but I was about to package jta, and
thought I might then get a sponsor to upload it and start going through
the NM process.

good times,
"If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise we do not
believe in it at all."  --Noam Chomsky