Re: Request for sponorship.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:45:37AM -0400, David Dorgan wrote:
> Recently Soren Boll Overgaard <email@example.com> sent
> out an RFA for volume.app. I use this every day on all
> my debian desktops, also Soren has no problem with
> me maintaining this package.
> I have repackaged it (basically the only change was
> the maintainer since it had no open bugs).
> I have posted it on
Version-number is off. There is a -5 in the archive.
The changelog does not close the RFA bug.
The version in the archive looks superior in every aspect to me, it
has no .ex files, a reasonable Standards-Version, a correct description,
working build-depends, etc.
Just check for example the diff for debian/control:
diff -u volume.app-1.1a/debian/control volume.app-1.1a/debian/control
@@ -2,17 +2,11 @@
-Maintainer: Søren Boll Overgaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), xlibs-dev
+Maintainer: David Dorgan. <email@example.com>
+Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0)
-Description: a dockapp enabling convenient control of a computer's volume level.
- A small graphical software utility enabling quick and convenient control of a
- computer's audio volume level. It is intended for use on Linux/Unix systems in
- conjunction with an X window manager that supports dockable applications
- ("dockapps") such as AfterStep, BlackBox, or Window Maker.
- It is a refinement of an idea that first appeared in Timecop's WMix: a
- user interface comprising a "knob" that can be interactively "turned"
- by clicking and dragging the mouse.
+Description: <insert up to 60 chars description>
+ <insert long description, indented with spaces>
Please base your work on the latest version in the archive and provide
a lintian clean package before asking for a sponsor, thanks.
 The short description is too long.