copyright guidance

Hi there,

A while back I ITA'd the rocks-n-diamonds package.  After talking with the
upstream maintainer I realized this package can't be included in Debian
without heavy modification of the upstream version.  I'm not going to say
exactly what the problem is here, but it definitely doesn't meet the
requirements of section 2.3 of the policy manual.  If you need me to spell it
out explicitly, send me a private email.

I'm hoping I can have a new version of this package ready by next week that
meets the requirements of section 2.3, but I'm a bit worried that the current
version will make it into the 3.0R2 or 3.1 releases.  If someone with
experience dealing with copyright issues could take a look at the current
rocks-n-diamonds package and give me a bit of guidance I'd really appreciate
it.  More than anything else I want to be sure I don't screw things up by
doing nothing.

John Lightsey