Re: RFS: picprog: Microchip PIC serial programmer software

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 09:21:01AM +0200, Jan Wagemakers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created a .deb for picprog :
>
> | Package: picprog
> |  This is Picprog, a Microchip PIC microcontroller programmer software
> |  for a simple serial port device.
> |  .
> |  <URL:http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/pic/picprog.html>

Change the last line in

 homepage: http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/pic/picprog.html

That will make the presentation at http://packages.debian.org/ cleaner.

> This pacakge is available at <http://www.janw.easynet.be/picprog.html>.
Not visited, searching for the webpage read about
 [long description]
 .
 homepage: the URL
took too much time. The page is called something like
 common practice on debian packaging

> I am looking for tips on how I can improve this package (I don't have much
> experience with packaging) and someone who likes to sponsor it.

It is RFS what I want to tell about:

  Ask at places where the audience for you package hang around.

Don't take it personal, it is my two cents on the sponsor search.

I would like to see these hints in the mentors FAQ.

Geert Stappers