Re: FAQ for debian-mentors
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Matthew Palmer wrote:
> OK, having watched the same questions come past regularly, I've finally
> bitten the bullet and put a bit of a FAQ together for this list. I'd
> appreciate comments and more questions and answers.
Excellent work Matt! A few suggestions:
0) In the "General questions" section, you should mention the
#debian-mentors IRC channel. I know there aren't alot of ppl there,
but at times I have found it to be quite handy.
1) In the "process of becoming a DD" section, the last step should link
to the NM corner <http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint>.
2) In the section "How do I make my first package", a link to the new
maintainers guide would be useful [eg. 0. Read the New Maintainers'
Guide available at http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ or in the
package maint-guide. ]
3) Same section, step 3 should mention that the package should
conform to the latest policy (with a link to the Debian Policy Manual
4) Same section, there should be a step 3.5 which says something
like: "Upload the source package to machine for public review,
mentors.debian.net provides a service that is useful for this purpose".
5) In the "Where else can I get a sponsor" section (perhaps having some
sort of numbering would help ;-), I would suggest adding the IRC
channels #debian-mentors and #debian-devel.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----