xemacs specific .el

On Aug 29, Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) wrote:
 > I have a package that installs a xemacs specific .el file, which
 > naturally don't build with the emacs20 package i have installed.
 >
 > Is there a way of specifying that only xemacs installs should build a
 > given .el or something such ?

Yes, check the Emacs policy doc.  The install scripts get passed the flavor
(emacs20, emacs21, xemacs21) as the first argument, so the script can check it
and skip it unless the flavor is xemacs21.  You can download my aplus-fsf-el
package source if you want an example.  It only works with xemacs21, and I
have both xemacs21 and emacs21 installed on my machines, so I know it's
working properly :-)

--
Neil Roeth