Re: Recompiling a package

Steve Kemp wrote:

Unpacking the .orig.tar.gz only creates the directory of the program, but without the debian/ directory. What do I have to do?

 Unzip the 'program.diff.gz' file, and apply it with patch.  This will
create the debian/ directory.

 If you've got this from a stable archive I'm suprised it's not in
the unstable one - unless it was removed.

 (Perhaps if you got it from stable you could 'apt-get source program'
which would download and unpack everything for you instead?)
OK. It worked! Thank you!

And I did not download the program from the stable version of Debian. The program isn´t on the official release of Debian. A guy created the program, but he created using stable version.

Thank you again!

--
|   .^.   | Nelson Antônio de Oliveira            |