Re: Finding out order of rc scripts?

"Thomas Viehmann" <tv@beamnet.de> schrieb:

> Hi.
>
> Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
>>Sorry, I messed things up: This I had found out yet, by the same
>>way. However, /etc/init.d/hostname.sh is from sysvinit, and I couldn't
>>find the place where the rcS.d-link to hostname.sh is made, neiter in
>>sysvinit's postinst nor in debootstrap.
>
> Hu?
> $ grep hostname.sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/*
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/initscripts.conffiles:/etc/init.d/hostname.sh
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/initscripts.list:/etc/init.d/hostname.sh
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/sysv-rc.postinst:updatercd hostname.sh       start 40 S .

Oh, shame on me. I was fooled by the structure of sysvinit-2.85/debian/:
In this directory there is the postinst script (and other files) for the
sysvinit binary package, and the directories initscripts and sysv-rc
which contain postinst scripts and stuff for the other binary packages.

I didn't look into the directories because I was expecting the contents
of the packages there, and thought the other packages' files would be named
sysvinit-2.85/debian/initscripts.postinst and the like. I've seen that,
e.g., in tetex-base source package for the various binary packages it
generates.

Excuse me for the confusion,

Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie