Re: What are the options on control?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:53:42PM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> I and some friends of mine stated doing some packages for Debian. The
> packages are all OK, but there are some things that we would like to know:
> What are the options or alternatives that I can put on Section: of the
> file 'control'?
> And the file 'menu'. Where can I get some text to help us creating that
> file?

Here is your Bible. Please read it carefully!

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

Of course, this is a newbie guide. When you need to know whether
something is really allowed or not, or what to do in certain
circumstances, these two should be handy:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.en.html

Note that the former changes regularly.

Also, you might want to apt-get source a few other packages and just
peek at their debian/control :)

Best of luck,
-Josh

--
Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef.
		-- Tom Robbins