Re: lintian W: sharedobject-in-library-directory-not-actually-a-shlib

Hi, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 07:07:01PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> My personal preference is to add a Lintian override, and leave it at
>> that.
>
> But the error says that it isn't a shared library at all, which is
> equally applicable to LD_PRELOADed libraries. The right approach is to
> find out *why* that error's being thrown.

No, it says that the shared object isn't a shlib.

Lintian emits that error because the shared library doesn't have a soname,
which is a real problem for shared libraries that are intended to be
linked to.

Lintian, however, can't know that this particular library usually is
preloaded, not linked to. Hence the override.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
The consensus seemed to be that if really large numbers of men were sent to