Re: wavnorm: looking for sponsor

This one time, at band camp, Antony Gelberg said:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to package wavnorm when I realised it's not in the
> distribution.  Taking a look, someone else had this thought a while
> back:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=88603
>
> I'd like to package it as my first step to becoming a DD.  Anyone out
> there willing to sponsor me?

The usual prcedure is to package it and test it first, and then ask for
a sponsor, with either a link to the package or an offer to email it if
you don't have webspace (although mentors.debian.net is offering space
now, I believe).  Also a description of what the program is and so forth
would be nice.  If you decide that you want to include it in Debian, you
should also file an ITP for the package - in this case, retitle the
existing RFP to an ITP.

HTH,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |