Re: How to forward a bug to upstream when I'm not the maintainer?

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> schrieb:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:32:09AM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
>> in the last days, I have taken a look at some bugs in a package I
>> frequently use, tetex-base. Some of them should clearly be fixed in
>> upstream.
>>
>> How should I indicate this and inform upstream? I assume that anybody
>> who is not the maintainer (not even a DD in my case) is not allowed to
>> do officially tag it "upstream" and send the mail to nnn-forwarded@bugs?
>
> I would suggest asking the maintainers what they prefer. As far as I
> know Debian's tetex maintainers are active, just busy.

I know, of course they're active. And tetex-users are also rather active
in submitting bugs that are either just PEBKAC or really a problem of a
particular LaTeX style file. No wonder there are a couple of bugs that
don't even have a single response. Nevertheless, I'd like to clear these
easy ones.

I'll talk to them. Thank you,

Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie