Obselete package

Hi,

I want to adopt a group of related packages (the
abuse-related packages, in this case), but the
description of the "abuse" package says it has been
obseleted by abuse-sdl, and I would have to agree.  I
think this package should be removed, rather than
being adopted.  Should I file a request for removal
with ftp.debian.org, or leave it orphaned in case
someone else wants to pick it up, or some third option
(such as bringing it up on debian-devel)?

Thanks,

-- Keith Dunwoody