Re: RFS agrep

"Thomas Viehmann" <tv@beamnet.de> schrieb:

> Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
>>So you think it doesn't matter wether there's two packages named agrep
>>in non-free?
> What do you mean, two packages named agrep?
> Clearly, Luk is seeking a sponsor for his ITA (cf. #201367).

Oh, excuse me. I overlooked the statement

> Of course it is this package.

in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.44.0307171447080.28314-100000@zeus.UGent.be>), and I also
missed that the following question that arouse the subthread ("A little
bit more information would be appreciated." in the same mail) came from
the to-be maintainer.

Therefore I had thought some folks were discussing policy-conformant
wording while the main question ("Is the program you want a sponsor for
the same as the one in the non-free archive"?) had not been resolved.

Of course I see this different now that I noticed who wrote
what. Someone wishing to maintain a program in non-free (as me,
e.g. :-)) should be well aware of the problems associated with that.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie