Upstream web

I'm adopting fda package. I've checked the bugs and they
are not difficult to solve but I need some 'answers'.
First a bug says:
* #143670: fda: Upstream location is bogus
I've checked the location, it's not there anymore.
Look for a new web , and I only found references to the Debian archive.
I have contacted the upstream author who has changed his email. He told me
he has not any web anymore. So what should I do? I've think about deleting the line in the.diff file talking about web sites and changing the mail to the actual one.
Here are some lines from teh .diff lines:
+
+It was downloaded from:
+
+   http://www.inxpress.net/~tomh
+
I'm reading all the docs I can in the Debian Developer's corner, but if you
could tell me the steps to follow to upload the patch I'll be gratefull. For the moment I have read nothing about uploading if you are not a maintainer. I think I'll have no trouble in finishing fda bugs next week. Where do I find someone to upload it for me??
Best regards
Eduardo