Re: ADOPT THE ORPHAN PACKAGE ZED

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 21:45 +0200, Sergio Suarez wrote:
> Hi Im new in debian develop and want adopt the orphan package zed, I =
> need a sponsor
>
> Package name: zed
> Package description: Powerful, multipurpose, configurable text editor
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=3Dno&bug=3D188181

That URL took me nowhere. The URL abbreviation for bug 188181 is:

http://bugs.debian.org/188181

In addition to Matthew Palmer's suggestions, you also need to retitle bug
#188181 from O (orphaned) to ITA (intent to adopt) by sending a mail
message to control@bugs.debian.org and cc debian-devel@lists.debian.org
with the following two lines:

retitle 188181 ITA: zed -- Powerful, multipurpose, configurable text editor
stop

After the stop line you can put your explanations, signature, etc.

Put 'Bug #188181 ITA: zed -- Powerful, multipurpose, configurable text
editor' in the subject header of your mail message.

See:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

Include the following line in zed's changelog file:

  * New maintainer. (Closes: #188181)

Try to get bug #169469 fixed either by the upstream author or by yourself.

Read the developer's reference, repackage zed and you will be ready to
ask for a sponsor.

Kind regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800