Re: New Developer

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:35:27AM +0800, E. Cermeño wrote:
> I would like to help Debian. I've seen some packages which are
> qualified as orphan and I would like to adopt them. I've read the
> documentation on how to become a developer, and I understood that I
> need an advocate.
[...]

Later, much later.

An advocate is a debian developer willing to testitify "I've worked
with E. Cermeño, he is doing a great job doing this and this and that for
the Debian project, I want him to be a DD, too."

Afaict from your mail you have not done (much) work on Debian yet, so
you need to do first, i.e. fixing bugs, adopting orphaned packages
maintaining them, and working together with a sponsor who uploads
them. If this works out your sponsor will advocate and you can start
the NM process.
                 cu andreas