Re: NMU of libhtml-format-perl?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:37:22PM +0200, Hans Freitag wrote:
> I need some asistance in doing a NMU with a new upstream version and
> some bugs that are not in the BTS yet.

> Maintainer for this Package libhtml-format-perl is
> Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org>.
> Current Version is   1.23-1
> New Version will be  2.03-0.1

Hmm. I'd be careful (I do not know much about Perl, though) because it
seems to be a new major revision and _might_ have compatibilty issues.
triplecheck that depending modules work with this new revision.

Unless there is a very good reason for uploading a new upstream
version I do not think a NMU without maintainer consent is justified,
both #157594 and #190459 are simple packaging issues which can be fixed
with 1.23-1.1. Alan isn't MIA or dormant either, he made an upload
only a week ago.

> I have a new Version of libhtml-format-perl allmost ready to run,
> resolving the Bugs:
> 	#157594: libhtml-format-perl: debian/copyright problems
> 	#190459: libhtml-format-perl: FTBFS: Missing Build-Depends
> 	#195093: libhtml-format-perl: New Upstream Version available

[lintian]
> They are fixed in the new version, too.
>
> Should I report one bug for all these messages or three bugs, one for
> each message?

I'd use one. Title: lintian errors.

> Are the following steps correct?
[...]

Developers' reference has detailed step-by-step instruction which
differ slightly from yours, I'd suggest following d-r.
              cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"