Re: Package scponly

Am Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 23:06 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:37:27PM +0200, Thomas Wana wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a little question how to further procede with the
> > package scponly. There currently doesn't exist a debian
> > package for scponly (http://sublimation.org/scponly), but
> > there exists a bug report for it:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=147456
>
> As stated in the bug report, seems that scponly allows far more than scp.
>
> Please, consider checking rssh for a package that does what scponly is
> supposed to be.

Hi Jesus,

I see, you are the maintainer of rssh. I still think that scponly
could be useful, since the commands

        if ((exact_match(request,"ls")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"ls ")) ||
                (exact_match(SCP2_ARG,request)) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"scp ")) ||
                (exact_match(request,"pwd")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"rm ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"ln ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"mv ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"chmod ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"chown ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"mkdir ")) ||
                (NULL!=strend(request,"rmdir ")))

are all things that you can do with scp/sftp too, so I think these
are just convenience features that don't have any security implications.
They are even required compatibility with other clients (like
WinSCP, for example), as stated on the author's homepage. Yes, I
even would like to see cvs-support in scponly, and it's on the
author's TODO list.

Some of my colleagues use scponly, so I think that these features
are useful and scponly should be debianized... thus I think, that
the "bug" should be closed, and the package provided. What do you
think?

greetings,
   Tom