build package for sarge and for sid from the same debian/control

I'm a new to the deb maintainers world so I have a question which
bothers me: I have a project which I want to package for different
distributions of debian, so from distro to distro there is change in
"Build-Depends" options for package and also I need to use different
compiler from default one which is used now in testing (it seems that I
need to use g++-2.95 instead of default 3.2.3, cause libqt3 test
compilation fails with newer g++, it seems that libqt with sarge
compiled with g++-2.95, when default g++ is 3.2 already), so probably I
need to provide "distribution-specific" CXX enviroenment variable in
debian/rules.

How to do all this?

Thank you in advance for any hint and link

                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]