Re: subdirectories in /usr/lib/cgi-bin? (and html-pages)

On Tue, 20 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jörgen Hägg wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10305201800480.26493-100000@triac.ieee.uow.edu.au> yo
> u write:
>
> > What I am wondering is, apart from a webapp (which can afford the overhead
> > of scripting required to support inserting bits and bobs into webservers),
> > what sort of packages need to put webserver-accessible pages up?
>
> That's exactly what it is, a web application, containing
> both static pages and cgi-scripts. :-)

Well, I stand corrected.

Have you considered /usr/share/<package>/cgi-bin and
/usr/share/<package>/html and adding the necessary bits for Apache (and
derivatives), and possibly any other webserver which users mention?  There's
pretty general purpose code to do such things in my phpwiki package
(although it's PHP, not CGI).

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16