Re: The Debian Mentors Project

On Mon, 12 May 2003, tony mancill wrote:

> Appropos of this and Colin's statement, my suggestion is to make only a
> deb-src URL available on the site, and to only host source packages.  For

That would be one way to solve the problem.

> packages destined for the Debian archive, it's critical that they be
> reviewed as source, and that they build from source.  I do a fair amount
> of sponsoring, and never have need for a binary of the package being
> sponsored.

Nor have I.  No matter how much you trust the person supplying you with the
package, it's still your signature on the package as it goes into Debian.
Not checking over the source is likely to cause much grief.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16