Re: ldapsearch with db.debian.org no more work (?)

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:38:00PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> ldapsearch does not work for me anymore with db.debian.org:
> (both woody and sid version)

> $ cat ~/.ldaprc
> HOST db.debian.org
> BASE dc=debian,dc=org

> $ ldapsearch uid=ballombe
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object

> Is it a know problem or I am just doing something stupid ?
> Cheers,

You need to specify -P2 -x options on the commandline, to specify that
the client should use the old LDAPv2 protocol.  This is still the only
version the server supports to my knowledge, but the new ldapsearch
client defaults to protocol 3.

There may be something you can add to ldaprc to automate this, but I
don't know the syntax; most servers I use are also LDAPv3, so it's not
useful for me.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek