Re: openmosix debian packages

Hello Keegan,

> Hello!  This post would be much more on-topic on the Debian mentors mailing
> list.  I'm Cc'ing this reply there, and you should really subscribe there if
> you are interested in completing these packages.
ok I did

> You should wait at least a couple of weeks, but it does sound like this
> maintainer is missing in action.
no problem I wait

> I'm not quite sure what parts you mean to commit.  Having the autoconf stuff
> in the upstream CVS is obviously a good idea, but from what I've absorbed
> from watching over various mailing lists, having Debian stuff in upstream CVS
> does more harm than good, for a variety of reasons.  There are a number of
> different 'correct' ways of dealing with this - check the 'mentors' list
> archives.
yep, today we committed my patches so actually debian files are also in CVS
repository of userspace tools of OM...I don't think it is so dangerous
but I haven't read yet mentors archives :)

> > Can I contribute anyhow to Debian sending my debian packages I built?
> > If yes, how can I do that?
>
> Start here:  http://www.debian.org/devel/
ok, anyway I grabbed debian files from 'out of date' userspace-tools
and I modified them where it was needed...so I think one could build
"good" debian packages :)

> > openmosix packages, in fact I read several people complaining about this
> > on OM mailing lists thanks for your attention,
>
> Indeed, this is an interesting project.  Thanks for your work.  I might
> consider using OM myself, if you do a good job of the packaging.  :)
I hope so ;-)

> Good luck!
thx Cristiano

--