Re: Example package with doc packages using debhelper?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 04:09:26PM +0530, Ganesan R wrote:
> I have Bug #181453 (binary-all packages built in binary-arch rules target)
> against my package (OpenSLP). I tried using the example in
> /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianm but ran into some trouble. Before I
> spend more time on this I'd like to study a real package which uses
> debhelper to build binary-all and binary-arch packages from a single
> source. Any recommendations?

All you really need to do is create a binary-indep target in your rules
and run dh_whatever -i (for arch [i]ndependent.) for the rest, run
dh_whatever -a. both should depend on a common install target that could
run make install of upstream, and dh_install -A to put everything into
package build dirs for All packages. this may not be the most stellar
advice but this is what i do... Try apt-get source ircd-hybrid.

Regards,
Josh

--
New PGP public key: 0x27AFC3EE