Re: looking for a sponsor for upsd...

> I'm using unstable (Yes, I'm nuts :), and unstable uses GCC-3.2 - so the
> compile had some warnings that some people MIGHT complain about (I've had
> them generate bug reports on my packages because of them)...

I'm using unstable as well, and I'm the kind of person to complain about
warnings, so they're on my list to get fixed; hopefully I'll be able to
get to that tomorrow, otherwise it'll be monday...

> Slightly more serious is a lintian warning (from the unstable lintian) that:
>
> W: upsd: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog usr/share/doc/upsd/Changes.txt.gz

doh!  Don't know how that one slipped past me, I don't even put things on
my own repository until they are lintian clean.  Thanks for catching it...

> Anyways, I usually say that I'm not uploading something for someone else until
> it's lintian clean, so if you could just make the necessary minor change, and
> let me know what you want to do about the compiler warnings. (if anything...
> as I said above, it's not really necessary, but some people will complain and
> file bugs against your package :). Once you get back to me, if everything is
> fine, then I don't think that I'll have too much trouble uploading this for
> you.

Works for me, I'm a bit embarrassed that I let that lintian bug slip past
me in the first place.  I'll take a peek at the warnings when I get a few
minutes, and I'll send you an e-mail when the new package is ready...

> BTW - a couple of other quick things - do you have a GPG key, is it signed by
> any Debian developer, and have you started the NM process?

Yes I have a gpg key (you should be able to pull it from
wwwkeys.us.pgp.net), no it is not yet signed by a Debian developer (I
can't seem to find anyone located in my area which is kinda strange given
that I live in a fairly large city), and I have not yet started the NM
process.  Any advice you could give me on any of the above would be
appreciated...

	--Nick