Re: NM's to fix bugs?

* Andreas Metzler (ametzler@logic.univie.ac.at) [030414 16:20]:
> Andreas Barth <aba-debian@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> [Bugs]
> > Well, and (for me) more importantly: I've send patches for different
> > bugs, asked for more information from the bug submitter and so on
> > (about two weeks ago) for two different packages. No reaction from
> > either maintainer nor any bug submitter.

> Could you tell us which bugs?

One patch for mgetty and one for netbase:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=53733 netbase
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=72269 mgetty

Some bugs could be closed IMHO (unless the submiter provides more
information)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=66669 mgetty
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=82472 ldso
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=22156 mgetty (agetty)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=59219 mgetty

I know that the maintainers are doing everything in their spare time.
But that doesn't prevent me from not liking the non-reaction.

> > (and that would be really difficult for a non-maintainer).

> It is possible, I've done it myself.

I plan to wait for about four more weeks and then try to get the fixes
included, if nothing else helps with a NMU. Is this appropriate?

Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/
   Fachbegriffe des Schienenverkehrs #1         von Marc Haber in dasr