Re: RFS: playmidi

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 07:23:45PM -0700, nil wrote:
> What the hell?
>
> It's taken this long to contact the actual maintainer of
> playmidi (me)?
>
> I have no interest in debian, but I am still actively
> developing playmidi.
>
> Perhaps people should consider actually MAILING THE MAINTAINER
> when they make patches so that I (or other maintainers of other
> projects) could include the changes in the next release.
>
> From an outsider's point of view Debian looks like the most
> irresponsible distro with no contact whatsoever with original
> package authors.

playmidi has been orphaned (maintainerless) in Debian for about a year
and a half, which means that by definition no-one has taken enough of an
interest to be the person responsible for sending changes back to you.
Sorry that things have been a bit slack; our normal procedure (when we
have a proper maintainer for the package) is indeed to send changes
upstream wherever possible.

Regards,