Re: Architecture-Independent MIME package entry and linda

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:53:28AM +0800, Federico Sevilla III wrote:
> While checking my package before sending it to my sponsor for uploading,
> I got the following message from linda 0.2.8:
>
>     E: zopeedit; File /usr/lib/mime/packages/zopeedit contained in
>     /usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
>
>     The file shown above is installed into /usr/lib, but the package
>     that contains it is a architecture-independant package. This file
>     should be installed into /usr/share instead.

I get this same error with a .so symlink in a -dev package, which is clearly
architecture-independent and definitely belongs in the -dev under /usr/lib/.

I'm in the process of researching whether I should submit a bug against
linda.

Pete
--
Pete Ryland