Re: Should I sign up for New Maintainer even though I don't have an advodcate?

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 04:55:35 -0500, "B. Douglas Hilton"
<bdhilton@charter.net> wrote:
>I don't
>generally submit bug reports, because I generally don't have any problems
>with Debian that I cannot fix with the vi editor and abour 30 seconds of
>effort.

Bad idea. So you are helping yourself by fixing bugs without telling
the Debian project about these?

>I really haven't had any problems with Debian, certainly nothing which
>requires a bug report.

Bug reports are not for you, they are for the project, allowing the
developers to fix things that _you_ might be able to fix yourself. But
there are users out there who do not have your skill.

Greetings
Marc